Aemelia's Reviews > Swept Away by a Kiss

Swept Away by a Kiss by Katharine Ashe

Aug 02, 10

Read in June, 2010

Regrettably, this book did not sweep me away. I was so excited to get a book that took place on a the high seas with pirates, but that was quickly diminished, mostly because I had a very hard time connecting with Valerie, who came off as to stubborn for her own good. She made rash decisions that seemed foolish to me, and pointless in the growth of the story. I liked Steven, for the most part, but there were times that I though he was a bit to assuming, as to what he expected Valerie to do for him. Each time I felt that their chemistry was starting to click, one of them would do or say something that made me just plain irritated. I had hoped that they would have consummated their relationship earlier in the storyline, because too much teasing and tension just made it painful for me. I like sexual tension in a book, and don't need the steamy scenes, but when they continuously get so close to completing the act but always going away unsatisfied, I end up thinking, please just do it and get it over with.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swept Away by a Kiss.