Ian Sandusky's Reviews > The Official Zombie Handbook- The Ministry of Zombies

The Official Zombie Handbook- The Ministry of Zombies by Sean T. Page

Aug 05, 10

Read in August, 2010

First off I have to say, what a book.

Sean T Page single-handedly has taken the zombie survival concept and taken it to entirely another level. What has been started in other books as open-ended questions and holes cleverly covered with excuses has been answered in THE OFFICIAL ZOMBIE HANDBOOK: UK without a single missed detail.

From the sections outlining a survival plan with a green focus to 'documented' coverups by the government of the United Kingdom, Mr. Page has all his bases covered.

My particular favourite section was the chapter rating the effectiveness of weapons both conventional and those that come out of left-field at combating the walking dead. While everyone would love to have a sawed-off pistol-grip pump to merrily blow the undead into piles of steaming innards, we're all not so lucky. Nailgun? There's a rating for that. Baseball bat? Better believe it gets touched on. From the normal to the things you'd never think of, it's just downright enlightening.

While I found this immensely entertaining, it's definately for the Zombie Enthusiast, being a real how-to guide rather than just a few nicely packaged pages of prose meant to entertain. I think everyone could enjoy and benefit from it, but those who are a bit squeamish may find it a little graphic. That being said, I'll be glad when the faint-of-heart DON'T read this, meaning I'll have less rag-tag survivors to share my gear with. I'm selfish, deal with it.

All in all, a 5-Star effort by Sean T Page, and I'll be looking forward to snapping anything else this author comes out with.

Cheers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Official Zombie Handbook- The Ministry of Zombies.