Angie's Reviews > School, Drool, and Other Daily Disasters

School, Drool, and Other Daily Disasters by Rachel Vail

Aug 02, 2010

bookshelves: juvenile-fic, realistic
Read in August, 2010

Really ... more like a four and a half. Justin is hilarious! I actually stopped and marked a couple lines. Hopefully you will think they are as funny as I do.

"If my costume for Halloween were "some other kind in my class,' I would wear it all the time for the rest of my life so that nobody would know I am me, the boy whose mother has to bring him his lunch and then kiss him in front of everybody." (38)

"It's just hard for me to convince myself to tray and keep the ball for myself when a kid comes at me, looking like he wants the ball more than anything in the world. Because the truth is, I really feel like he can have it. I'm happy to let him have it. I'll play with it later if I want to." (67)

"I no thank you gym class. Push-ups are ridiculous. It is just relaxing, interrupted, over and over again." (124)

"Today is Cinco de Mayo. That is a Mexican holiday. So we had an assembly and did a dance around a hat." (195)
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read School, Drool, and Other Daily Disasters.

babyhippoface I liked this kid. He was quietly hilarious. :)