Anna Tulley's Reviews > Outlander

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Jan 27, 12

bookshelves: series, historical-romance, romance, fantasy-paranormal, favorites
Recommended to Anna by: Thenia
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from January 09 to 22, 2012

It's difficult to review this book and do it justice. It was 992 pages long after all! Lots of things took place and it will take forever to comment. I'll simply say that i loved this book, this incredible journey of Claire in 17th Century Scotland.

It pretty much goes without saying how intriguing i find Scotland, (therefore Scottish men, kilts, sexy-as-hell accent) and this story amplified my love for everything Scottish. Lovely scenery, detailed description, intersting characters and brilliant plot. This is one hell of a meticulously written book.

I didn't agree with some of Claire's actions but i do hold her dear. A strong-willed woman,stubborn,yet caring and kind. Needless to say how much i've loved Jamie,(believe me i tried NOT to like him but he's sooo... sigh*)He is probably one of the best characters ever written.... some of the things he said O.o Authors like Gabaldon are to blame for women's false perception of men and the inevitable comparisson. Pouts*

Even though it was LONG, it wasn't tiring nor boring and you just wanted to know what will happen next. I wanted to find excuses,like cooking or ironing just to listen to the audiobook (Davina Porter has nailed Jamie's voice!) I enjoyed every minute of the 32.5 hour narration! And now that i've listened to this awesome audiobook, there is no way i'll read the rest of the series. It just won't be the same. Even if there wasn't a sequel i would be trully satisfied with the way it ended. But why do i have a bad feeling for the next installment? Anyway, do take some time and read this book, it's so worth it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outlander.

01/12/2012 page 392