Maria's Reviews > Dead Until Dark

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

Aug 01, 2010

liked it
Read from August 02 to September 01, 2010

I think this is the first time I haven't read a book before watching the screen version of something and I think I'm going to have to stick to that policy. My image pool was so tainted by the TV characters that I had I had a hard time making new ones except for characters that I couldn't remember well. It was a shock that Sookie's TV best friend, Tara was not in the book. We've always found the character so obnoxious that we assumed she had to be a major part of the books. That no one would go out and make such an unnecessary character up. Anyway, that's not the book, it's the TV show. I think the book was quite well-written for the genre, the Southern setting is lovely and just far-enough removed from California culture to seem interestingly exotic in customs etc. Normally I would assume that I would devour the book on the basis of the writing and subject but it was slow-going since the TV show spoiled things. I'm not sure wheheer I should keep trying with it. Then again, I really am hating this 4th season, so maybe I will stop watching the show and keep reading the books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Until Dark.

04/16/2016 marked as: read