Page (One Book At A Time)'s Reviews > Deception

1812013
Sep 16, 2010

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read from August 18 to 19, 2010

I have to admit this book didn't make much of a blip on my radar. I liked the cover, but the description didn't do much to make me want to add it to my to-read list. But, I was intrigued enough to enter a contest for an ARC. I was shocked that I won, but more than happy to read the book.

I was extremely surprised by this one. After the rocky start where I had no idea what was going, Emma moves to New England. While, I still don't understand anything, and neither does Emma, I thoroughly enjoyed how the book developed. I thought Emma's visions were down right creepy, especially in light of what she learns they're really about. It gives the book a slight feel of a horror novel and manages to pull it off nicely. The setting just adds to the mystery.

I thought what's truly happening to Emma was interesting. I liked how Bennett was able to gradually explain things to her, even though she demanded answers every time she saw him. It seemed like something would be revealed, but something else major would happen. I'm not sure I liked the ending, but I'm not sure any other outcome would have worked. I did feel sorry for Emma at the end because it looked like she was finally going to be able to have it all.

So, I really enjoyed this book and will be looking forward to the next in the series!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deception.

08/18/2010 page 102