Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)'s Reviews > The Search

The Search by Nora Roberts

Apr 22, 12

bookshelves: audiobook, dnf
Read from April 05 to 22, 2012

I really, really tried giving this audiobook a chance. I don't know if it was the narrator or the plot but either way, I was bored to tears. There were plenty of times where I zoned out (or maybe I fell asleep) while listening to this book. I did not like Simon. I felt that he was a douche and an ass. Fiona had the personality of a paperbag and I did not find her interaction with Simon interesting. I felt no chemistry or spark between the two. The attention to dog training was too much. I felt that this book was a how-to for dog training instead of a romantic suspense.

This was my first foray into audiobooks and I won't let this failure deter me from trying others. The Search didn't work for me on so many levels.

DNF

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Search.

04/05/2012 "My 2nd try at listening to an audiobook. Let's see how this goes."
04/06/2012 "I'm on chapter 8 and am seriously thinking abot DNFing the audiobook. The narrator is ok but the actual plot, characters are boring. The hero is an ass and the heroine is blah."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Miss Berry_KristenAshley Addict I'm also listening to the audio too and I agree so much with your comment about the narrator. She's terrible.

Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun) Miss Berry wrote: "I'm also listening to the audio too and I agree so much with your comment about the narrator. She's terrible."

I hope she's not the narrator for all of Nora's audiobooks.

Miss Berry_KristenAshley Addict I agree! I don't know why they aren't so much pickier about who narrates. It completely changes the book.