Cindy's Reviews > Rajmund

Rajmund by D.B. Reynolds

Aug 02, 10

bookshelves: favorites, pnr-vampire
Read from August 01 to 02, 2010

This is the third installment of the lesser known Vampires in America series. It is an "indie" in the midst of mainstream pnr romance novels and deserves attention and accolades. While it is a vampire romance novel, there is a strong crime and mystery component. But the underlying theme throughout these books is vampire politics. In D.B. Reynold's vampire world, humans are aware of the existence of the supernatural and the response is mixed as would be expected. There are those who embrace it, those who fear it and those who want it. It is a subtle exploration of ethics and morals within our culture and the "what ifs" are interesting to ponder. The use and abuse of power are viewed from the vampire point of view, yet one cannot help but make comparisons to our modern world. My only complaint with this book is that while the exploitation of those who are "different" is thoroughly explored from the vampire point of view, it is glossed over from the human point of view. But the reader can certainly see the similarities. This was a fast paced book filled with suspense and tension and kept me up until the early morning hours. I literally could not put it down until I finished it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rajmund.

08/01/2010 page 25