Ronda Tutt's Reviews > Charlie St. Cloud

Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood

Aug 04, 10

bookshelves: paranormal, romance
Read from August 02 to 04, 2010

** spoiler alert ** 3 1/2 star, I didn't like the way it ended, I guess I was looking for more of the happy romance at the end but the author left us guessing. It was a sweet story. I know they made a movie out of this but I haven't seen it - I am wondering if the movie would be just as good.

This book focuses on the in-between (spiritual state)of where our loved ones go when or before they actually die.

After one of your loved ones has passed, have you ever felt a shiver or like a wind pass over your skin, well if you have, that was your loved ones spirit. Or have you hear noices in the night or heard of ghost in houses etc..., those are spirits that haved decided to stay within the earthly realm.

In this book, Charlie's brother Sam stays in the Earthly realm as a spirit and plays catch with him every evening.

Charlie works in a Cemetary and sees all the souls before they go into the light but they don't always go right away, some linger and never go into the light.

Charlie meets Tess in the cemetary and knows her for she is famous for her sailing and she looks and feels real enough, but then he discovers when he goes to town that she is missing and parts of her boat has been found burned. When he goes back home in search for her, he realizes that she is in the in-between state where she is partially still a live and partially on the brink of death and it is her choice to live or die. He explains all this to her, but she is confused and doesn't know how to help them find her.

Finally, Tess gives Charlie a clue and Charlie rescues her, only thing is, she is now in a coma and when she comes out, she doesn't remember Charlie, but over time her memory comes back and their once new found relationship starts over again from the beginning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charlie St. Cloud.

08/03/2010
08/03/2010
25.0% "This is out in Movie Theaters"
show 1 hidden update…