Kinga's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

Sep 19, 10

bookshelves: fiction, literature, audiobook
Read from August 01 to September 10, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I liked this one the best of the first 3 in the series.
Salander is on the way to recovery both physically and socially. She joins the ranks of responsible Swedish citizens - good for her.
Blomquist, however, remains the same "I love you - I think" man, still taking no responsibility or ownership of his relationship with women. He is too lazy - for lack of a better word - even to initiate the relationship. Or, perhaps, he is just manipulative? He is a women's toy, they find him, play with him, and he just reacts, he is passive throughout. Because it works to his advantage to be indifferent. He allows Erica to swoop in and destroy any relationship that might become too serious and then eventually Erica will go back to her husband as well.
In the end, all the women lose, including Erica. Blomquist is the type of man I cannot respect.
I seem to be taking this personally - aren't I?
But this just means that the book is well written with characters that are able to briefly cross over from fiction to life (like when they personally offend, elate or worry the reader.)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.