Aneesa's Reviews > Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 1: Herr Dr. Tenma

Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 1 by Naoki Urasawa

Aug 01, 10

bookshelves: drama-horror
Recommended for: Everyone who loves a good story that makes them think deeply
read count: Twice- Would read again

Can I ever really explain how much I love this Manga? No. It's on an entirely different world of it's own in which I have no experience writing about, but I will try. It isn't simply a Manga, it's everything you've ever wanted. It's expands on all specters of the world and delves deeply into the dimensions of life; mentally, spiritually and emotionally. I have yet to come across another like it and I'm sure I never will.

Don't believe in anything I've said? Well it's one of those experience-to-understand things. And it truly is a wondrous experience from the very first to last page.
It glues your hands to its covers and forces your mind to turn each page with a feeling of hesitance overcome by the Need to know. It's scary, and not merely because of the basic plot and shadowy characters, but because it coerces us to question ourselves and the very existence of our humanity.

Can one thing really make us decide against our human nature and completely change our world?

Just as Dr. Tenma is starting to realize this we are then faced with more questions: Are people really willing to do anything to bring back that humanity? And if so, is it a waste of time?

And the most important question of all which may very well answer all the above: Once someone loses their humanity, their very bases of living, do they really become a "Monster'?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 1.