T.T. Kove's Reviews > A to Z

A to Z by Marie Sexton

Aug 01, 2010

bookshelves: genre-contemporary, pov-1st, location-usa, pairing-mm, identity-gay
Read from October 19 to 27, 2013 , read count: 2

I read this book once before, but that's years ago. I am so glad I read it again, because this around I could appreciate it a lot better than that first time around.

This book rang true to me, because I recognised myself in both characters. In Zach, I recognised the cluelessness when it comes to what literature and films are really about. What I see or what I read is what I get, I hardly ever manage to go deeper than that. Quote from the novel: "You want to know what I think it was about? Aliens." This sentence is so me. In Angelo, I recognised myself in his need to be private, to be by himself, to have his own space. I need that too--I need my space.

So this book gets a full five stars from me, because I felt connected to these characters. They felt real to me. It was all realistic. They had a good ending that fit well for them. Now I'm on to reading their next book, which I also read before, but it's years ago and I can't properly remember it. I am looking forward to discovering it all over again though, like I did with this novel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A to Z.

10/19/2013 marked as: currently-reading