Lisa (Harmonybites)'s Reviews > Frostbitten

Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong

Aug 01, 10

bookshelves: contemporary, fantasy, horror, mystery, suspense, romance, crime, novels, fiction, ebooks
Recommended for: Lovers of Urban Fantasy
read count: 1

I love Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. The novels in the series usually are first person told by a female supernatural--but different ones generally in each book: witch, half-demon, necromancer, angel--and in this case, as in the first two books, Bitten and Stolen as well as Broken, it's Elena Michaels, the one and only female werewolf.

I read and imprinted not on Bitten though, but the third book, Dime Store Magic, with Paige and Lucas. When I got to the first book, Bitten, I was rather disappointed they weren't there--and was less than taken with Clay, Elena's mate. At the very start of that very first book he's revealed to have made Elena a werewolf by biting her without her consent years before. I didn't *want* Elena to forgive him. Yet through the course of the different books, I have warmed to him, and I do like this development in their relationship--can Clay follow Elena's lead?

Besides the romantic/relationship thread, as in the other books Armstrong serves up an intriguing mystery in a well-developed and imaginative supernatural world. Her books are the kind you open and step into another world entranced until you close it thinking, where did the time go?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frostbitten.