Bailey (IB Book Blogging)'s Reviews > Kiss It

Kiss It by Erin Downing

I really wanted to like this book, but it just didn't click with me. I bought this book thinking it would be a light and funny read, which was not what I got at all. I felt really depressed throughout the whole story and there really weren't that many happy moments in this book, besides the few times Sebastian showed up. Chaz doesn't really know what she wants, other than the fact that she wants out of Milton. She lies to her parents and her supposed best friend. She messes around with too many boys in my opinion, even when Sebastian was in the picture! I just didn't understand her motivation, I couldn't relate to her at all. She was way too sex crazed and I really didn't like how she gave herself up to boys who she didn't care about. The secondary characters were not at all interesting and I got to the point where I really didn't care what happened to them.

The only redeemable thing for me in this book was Sebastian! He was a hottie and so dreamy but didn't get much page time until the end. He was really a question mark throughout the whole book and I couldn't wait to find out the story behind him! Sebastian is the main reason why this book gets more than 2 stars.

I really hate having to give this book a not-so-good review, but it just didn't resonate with me. It makes me sad to give this review, as I know the author put a lot of work into this, but I want to be honest. Maybe there are others out there who will/do love this book but I can't say that I will recommend this to any of my friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss It.