Alisha's Reviews > Light My Fire

Light My Fire by Katie MacAlister

Aug 11, 10

Read from August 06 to 11, 2010

Yay, Aisling's back! This time, she's in beautiful London, England. She's been accepted as an apprentice, and is looking forward to beginning her studies towards becoming a Guardian. Only problem? Just about everyone is out for her head.

No, really. This book does feature lots of politics (of the dragon-, Guardian- and demon variety), but each and every instance of it revolves around someone trying to do away with her, literally and figuratively.

It's always fun to follow Aisling and Drake's relationship. Both individuals have room for growth and development, so there's lots of opportunity for interesting and amusing scenes. Their involvement is a blast to follow through times good and bad (and explosive, which tends to be a bit of both!).

Again, MacAlister comes up with a crazy third act. Twas great! She certainly knows how to raise stakes and create oodles of tension.

Y'know, I almost hesitate to call this book "sugary chick-lit," even though it has some of the typical elements. This book had the silly humor, and the wily heroine and cast, but was a fair bit darker and less frivolous than even the previous books in the series. I ono.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Light My Fire.

08/06/2010
40.0% "With a mother like his, it's no wonder Drake's so incorrigible! ^_^" 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »