Caitlin's Reviews > Time Cat

2209914
Aug 14, 10

bookshelves: 2010
Read from August 11 to 14, 2010

Lloyd Alexander has always been one of my favorite authors - his Taran Wanderer series were the first chapter books that I read on my own. I remember my mother saying that she knew reading with me was about to change when I started reading ahead in these books - we might read aloud together in the future, but more often than not I'd probably head off on my own.

I really like another one of his books, The Marvelous Misadventures of Sebastian - so much that the last cat I had with my folks before I left for college was named Sebastian. He was an amazing and much loved cat who I still miss.

I'm not sure how I missed this one, but since I'm reading books published in my birth year and this is one of those it made the list. Alexander obviously loved cats. It's great how real his kitties feel to me - aloof, mildly dangerous, affectionate at times, smart, and wily. This is a series of nine stories set in different historical times where cats made the difference. The illustrations by Bill Sokol are whimsical and fun, the stories are great, and there's a cat. What more could you want?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time Cat.