Skylar Burris's Reviews > Oh, The Places You'll Go!

Oh, The Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss

Jun 04, 08

bookshelves: childrens
Read in June, 2008

This was one of the few Seuss books I did not read as a child. I just read it for the first time tonight to my duaghter, and I was duly impressed. I can see why it is so often given to high schoolers (and even college students) upon graduation. I love that it acknowledges the highs and lows of life--the challenges, the failures, the loneliness-- but all the while encourages readers to press on, and not to simply sit around waiting for something to happen to you.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oh, The Places You'll Go!.

message 1: by booklady (new)

booklady This was always my oldest daughter's favorite Seuss book and still is. She's also the one who needs it the most and who has the greatest desire to travel. When she was only 14 she put on a "Global" for her friends which took her almost six months to organize and prepare for. It consisted of displays, entertainment, food, clothing, and activities from each of the continents. She and her sister divided their friends up and took them on a world tour for the day. I always wonder how much that book spoke to her and/or how much she recognized herself in that book.

Skylar Burris I think it works both ways: literature influences us, but the literature that influences us the most we probably already see ourselves in. Right now, my daugher's favorite Suess is still Horton Hears a Who.