Ricky Weidenaar's Reviews > The House of Power

The House of Power by Patrick Carman

Aug 22, 10

Read from July 30 to 31, 2010

Edgar, a young boy living in Atherton, on Tabletop in Mr. Ratikin’s grove, is a skilled climber who finds a book while climbing up to the Highlands one day. As he cannot read, he decides to finish his climb. While continuing his journey, he meets a boy named Samuel who lives in the House of Power. Edgar has Samuel read the book to him, and together they learn that the Highlands is going to fall into Tabletop. The book is stolen from them in the House of Power. Edgar and Samuel work together to try reclaim the book and find a way to stop this fate from happening.

This was another fast-paced adventure book, but with enough suspenseful twists and turns to make it almost impossible to put down. I recommend this to people who enjoy adventure, suspense, and end of the world type books.

AR (Accelerated Reader) program participants, this book has a 6.1 level with 12 possible points.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The House of Power.

07/30/2010 page 209

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ricky Weidenaar a very good book!I liked the way the plot gave some twists and turns and always gives you a clue to what wiil happen next!I like how two totally different boys like Edgar and Samuel could end up as god friends.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Remind me to show you how to edit the review to include your review instead of as a comment.