Finkle's Reviews > Kindred

Kindred by Octavia E. Butler

U 50x66
Jan 02, 2008

Recommended for: people who like science fiction

this was a very interesting book because of the way that it takes place in so many different time periods. The way that the author switches from the present to the past is truely amazing.

Kindred is a book for people who like to read fictional books because of the magical way she transports from present to past. I like the way it is set up, but for someone who does not like make believe scenarios, they would not like it. Personally i didn't like the ending but it did cause a dramatic effect.

This book is fun to read and is very exciting, it deffinetely kept me wanting to read more of the story as i got further along. The begining may bore you a little, but dont let it fool you, it is a great book to read, and i think that you will like the different twist.

I have learned something from this book, and that is to be in control of yourself at all times. Also, never think you have to be like someone your not, dont live up to them just because you are supposed to. Be yourself and live your own life. I would recommend this book to all readers who find this type of book interesting.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kindred.