Megan's Reviews > Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour

Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour by Bryan Lee O'Malley

Jul 30, 10

Before my my 34th birthday last week I joked with my BF that all I wanted was a box of Lotte Choco-Pies and a couple of comic books. But actually that really was all I wanted, and Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour was on the list.

The final installment in the series (on which the major motion picture is based) is predictably fun and irreverent, predictably packed with satisfying references to manga and videogames and the delightful ennui of generation whatever. What I did not predict was how profoundly grateful I would be that the predictable fun was finally coming to an end. And the ending pretty much wrote itself--nothing surprising here--albeit nothing disappointing, either. Just more of the same. All the lesser characters in this series make a big stink about thinking that Scott Pilgrim is really sort of annoying and clueless, and in this volume, I kind of started to see it their way. You know what? I'm glad I'm not in my twenties anymore. All that cluelessness was fun for a while, but started to get tedious toward the end… I'm just going to enjoy my final year of being in the 18-34 target market group, go see the frickin' movie starring frickin' Michael Cera, and then be done with it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour.