David Kubicek's Reviews > A Man Called Outlaw

A Man Called Outlaw by K.M. Weiland

Jul 30, 10

Recommended for: People who like westerns.
Read in July, 2010, read count: 1

I won't say too much about the plot of A Man Called Outlaw. To do so might give away too much information, and I hate giving spoilers.

This novel tells two stories, thirty years apart, and switches back and forth between them--a few chapters in 1887, then a few chapters in 1858-9, then back to 1887 again. In the end the story-lines merge, and loose ends are tied up.

I hope that's not giving away too much. But it's obvious from the beginning that there are two stories going on. I even guessed the big secret long before the ending, but that didn't lessen the suspense. I was still eager to see how the story played out.

The author does a good job of maintaining suspense, and despite what I thought I knew, it kept me riveted until the end. In addition to the "greedy rancher trying to force the smaller ranchers off their land" plot, the 1887 protagonist, Shane Lassiter, is struggling with his own ethical and moral dilemma which is resolved in the novel's explosive conclusion.

Have given too much away? I'll shut up now. This is a great read and a good addition to every western afficianado's library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Man Called Outlaw.