Silver's Reviews > Bleach Volume 01: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers

Bleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo

F_50x66
Jul 30, 10

Despite a slow start, Bleach does get rather addictive so be prepared. What I found great about this series is that it has something for all types of readers. Yeah there's humor, fanservice, badass fights, a decent plot, but for me (and I've never found another series better than Bleach in terms of this), it's the character relationships that make Bleach epic. Every character has their fair share of development, and what links each and every one of them is wonderfully unique and well written. I admit Kubo-sensei isn't the best in terms of plot consistency, but he has always stayed true to these well-crafted characters. It's amazing how many essays have been written simply analyzing relationships (I personally find Ichigo and Rukia's absolutely fascinating) so there's definitely something you leave with after reading this manga. In terms of plot and action, I think the real party starts after the first arc when Ichigo is in the Soul Society. Action scenes are the best in that arc too, as most say. I'm always in awe with Kubo's drawings during the fight scenes (amongst other times), and the only other shounen artist whose art I think is better is Takeshi Obata. Overall, for being the overnight success that it is, I don't think it hurts to give Bleach a try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bleach Volume 01.