Bambi's Reviews > A Voice in the Wind

A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers

Jan 02, 08

Recommended for: anyone who needs something to believe in no matter the situation
Read in September, 2007

This is the first book in a series of three. I read this one and the second one, but not the third. The storyline/characters change in the third and those characters didn't intrigue me like the characters/main theme in books one and two.

This is Christian fiction. Francine Rivers came highly recommended and I tried to read a couple of her books on several occassions but just couldn't get into them. That was not the case with this one. It started with a bang and was a page turner until the end. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the second one either.

This is a story of faith and love. It will lift you up and break your heart and make you strive to find a faith that is as strong as that of the heroine of this story. Hadassa, is a shining light in a dark Roman world.
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Voice in the Wind.

message 1: by Kyleighm (new)

Kyleighm Bambi, you should deffinately read the 3rd book i just finished it today. The line up of characters change bc its the story of Atretes and what happens to him. It might have been my favorite of the not sure they are all so good, but dont stop at the first 2 you're really missing out on book number 3!

Bambi Kyleighm wrote: "Bambi, you should deffinately read the 3rd book i just finished it today. The line up of characters change bc its the story of Atretes and what happens to him. It might have been my favorite of th..."

Thanks, maybe I will!!

Jamie I agree.. read the 3rd one, you will not be disappointed!

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Hey there - thanks for the great review! I am trying to find someone with Voice in the Wind on Nook that would do the "LendMe" option-I so badly want to read it! If you happen to have it on Nook, would you friend request me? I'm Ashley Glover at Thanks! :)

Viktoriya Shostak I would totally agree with Kyleighm Because if you havent read the 3rd book you are missing out alot. The 3rd book would probably be my fav too, I thought the first 2 where just amazing and I was happy to read that everything worked out great at the end of the 2nd book it was just like an ending, but you just missing alot becuase if you remember the part that Atrets found out from Hadassah about his son, and its like a new chapter in his life. It something New for him to search for. IT looked like everyone had found God in the first 2 books, but the 3rd one shows you how Atrets Learns of it and takes it back to his people to change their life too. I hope you read it, cause I know you will love it and it will make you want to re-ready alot of the parts and cryout at some points.

Phyllis Brown Bambi like you I didn't read the third book at first. I did however read it later and am so glad I did. I liked this series so much that I plan to read it again.

Nicole Chase I realize this was years ago, but I, for one, didn't like the third nearly as much, for the reasons OP mentions.

Viktoriya Shostak I liked the first two books a lot and was glad that the 3rd was like its own book separated from those but still very connected to what happened to before those two met.

message 9: by Claudette (new)

Claudette This series is my favorite of Christian novels. I have personally seen it change lives. Love it.

Brandi You are right that the 3rd book changes characters, but I think I liked the 3rd book the best because the characters are so realistic and dynamic. If you see it as its own book, not as part of the series, I think you will really like it too

Adekoya Aderinsola Pls how can I download the full version of this book