Bob's Reviews > The Lost World of Genesis One: Ancient Cosmology and the Origins Debate

The Lost World of Genesis One by John H. Walton

Aug 30, 10

Read in August, 2010

If I could give this 10 stars, I would.

This book has changed my view of the bible, of God, and of my daily life (especially the Sabbath) all for the better. What's presented here is a view of creation that not only expands and (at the same time) puts a point on God's creation, it's beautiful, humbling, and actually makes sense of many problems I've always seen in the story.

If you're serious about understanding what the story of the bible is really about and you've known all along that the creation/evolution debates are seriously off track, this is a MUST read.

Thanks to Joe Burnham for turning me onto this....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost World of Genesis One.

08/24/2010 page 20
11.0% "I like where this is going...It's so refreshing to hear someone take an intelligent approach to Genesis."
08/25/2010 page 75
43.0% "Books like this can defeat ignorant fundamentalist Christianity. A must read for all Christians (5 stars already!)"
08/26/2010 page 110
63.0% "Gets more brilliant by the minute. Inadvertently addressing the 'meaning of life' question in the process."