Nichole (Dirty H)'s Reviews > Puppy Love 3: Reawakening

Puppy Love 3 by Jeff Erno

Mar 13, 14

bookshelves: m-m, 2010, bdsm-tpe
Read from July 30 to 31, 2010

** spoiler alert ** You do pretty much have to read all three of these books because if you just read the first one, you would not get to see these characters mature and you would be left feeling rather unsettled. By book 3 you feel much more comfortable that Matt actually cares about Petey and is not just using him because he gets his rocks off by being a bully.
This series is enjoyable, albeit quite flawed. I never did really start to trust Alex. I'm not convinced that he's not an asshole. There are lots of problems with tense throughout the series - randomly switching between past tense and present tense, which was really distracting and annoying. The odd speech patterns that originally led me to believe the writer might not be a native English speaker were toned down a lot as the series wore on.
Over all I really liked it, but there's one thing that really pissed me off and that was the way the whole Ryan issue was resolved. Very big of Petey and Drew to forgive him and I applaud them for that, but then Petey dancing with Ryan at his wedding and Drew & Alex planning a double wedding with Richard and Ryan? No. Just no. You don't plan a double wedding the guy that almost killed you and raped your best friend.
Otherwise a great BDSM series, although some of the edgier scenes from the first two books were missing from book 3 in my opinion.

Edit: 3/2014

I have no idea what prompted me to re-read this, but I have to be honest and say I did still enjoy it. But holy crap, did I realize how utterly ridiculous this was the first time? Oh my gosh. These books are ridiculous! You can only enjoy this with heavy skimming and a huge grain of salt.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Puppy Love 3.

07/30/2010 page 33
10.0% ""I knew by the intensity of his fuck that he was on a mission to bust a nut."" 5 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elizabetta I read this series ages ago and really liked them -- it was the ridiculousness that was fun! It was so long ago, though, that I keep wondering if I'd feel the same... might have to go back and readjust. I think it was the process of their maturing that did it, though.

Anyway, great review, brings it all back :D