Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R's Reviews > Naked Edge

Naked Edge by Pamela Clare

Apr 24, 11

bookshelves: romantic-suspense, mystery-thriller, will-make-your-body-parts-quiver, favorites
Read from August 08 to 10, 2010

Naked Edge Is the forth novel in the I-Team series. If you haven't read the first three, then get to it.This series is a MUST_READ! It's full of Mystery/Suspense and has plenty of romance.

Katherine James, works with the Denver Independent's Investigative Team, the 1-Team, as its environmental reporter. She was born and raised as a strong Native American woman, with strong Navajo beliefs. So one night Kat and her native friends get raided during a inipi ceremony, which is a sweat-lodge ceremony that the Indian people do when someone is sick, dying, and many other sacred reasons. It takes place on Mesa Butte, east of the Boulder Mountains. They have been having this ritual here for hundreds of years. It's obvious someone wants the Native Americans off the sacred land. There is no one other than Kat, that can bring out this story, based on her heritage, and knowledge of the land. So Kat takes over the case and is ready to investigate what exactly is going on and why?

Gabe Rossiter is a paramedic and a park ranger for Boulder Mountain. This is the place where all the may hap begins. The first time Gabe meets Kat, he's saving her from a mountain rock slide, then meets her once again during the raid at the Mesa Butte where the inipi ceremony takes place. Gabe knows a lot about the laws and their violation codes amongst the lands. So he and Kat team up to investigate. There missions are to find out who's responsible for the murder of a good man, who's stealing artifacts from the sacred land, and is that why the Villain wants the Native people off the land? AND most of all now that Kat and Gabe are on this investigation, who wants them dead and why? There are a lot of questions and many answers will be revealed.

Both Gabe and Kat were great people with a few problems. I was in awe at their strength and tenacity to confront their issues. Their characters were likable, it took some time to get use to the both of them,but with the twists and turns of events and how they managed to handle them, just blew me away and I fell in love with them both. Gabe was a wonderful person, despite his womanizing charms, but everything in his life happens for a reason, meeting Kat was the best thing that ever happened to him. Kat is a loveable and respectful person, I loved her dedication to the Navajo people, her job and everyone around her that she just had a soft spot for. This couple brought out the sass,sizzling adventure in this book.

I re-read this novel and it was better the second time around. When I first read it, I was fighting with myself on what rating to give it, but not now, it's a sure 5star. The fast paced plot, likeable characters, and twist at the end made this story a pleasure to read.

When I finish up one of Clare's books and finally sit down, with all my mixed emotions to review her books, I find it really hard to do. There are only so many ways I can say, “this book was awesome!” or, “I loved it!" Point Blank. Pamela Clare is a master in the romantic-suspense genre. With each book she writes, she pushes herself higher than before. The I-Team series proves again why she has a place as one of the most recognizable names in our reading world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked Edge.

08/08/2010 page 160
43.0% "Well still no bedroom action,wth! I was hoping for some flogging before I hit the sack, but Gabe gave Kat a nice naked seen & enough dirty talk to last me a few hours till morning,lol!" 2 comments
08/09/2010 page 269
73.0% "Curiosity killed the Kat! Some things are just made not to be mentioned, But now that Gabe's infinite secret is out, my heart is completely shattered...*sighs* & *wiping tears* at least he feels better, But as for Jill "She's a conniving Cunt!" what she did was just so wrong in so many different levels."
08/10/2010 page 285
77.0% "Finally the moment I've been waiting for.Yaaaay! But what a shame, I went to bed last night with Gabe on my mind & a broken heart, to wake up & start another chapter, & there it is a page away Gabe & Kat gettin their groove on! Ohhhh Yes! *Wolf Howling* lolz!"
08/10/2010 page 370
100.0% "When I first started to read this novel, it wasn't really what I expected. So I told myself oh I'll give it a 4star cause it was good. But then when I hit the last maybe 60 pages, I could not stop crying, from sadness & happiness. It's was a wonderful novel to read.So I changed my mind it's now getting a 5star."
04/22/2011 page 370
100.0% "Re-reading. It's a shame,I gave this novel 5stars,& it's on all my favorite shelves list,but I can't remember jack about it =( Yeesh!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rhonda You're too funny!!! I love it!!

Rhonda I need to catch up, slow down!

message 3: by Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R (last edited Aug 09, 2010 11:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Lol! Ok! I'll slow down,haha....I'll be out on a family dinner tonight so no reading for me till tonight! & boy oh boy I'm freakin excited!!! Lol! Oooohhhhh yeah baby! Finally I feel something good is about to happen 0:~}

Oh & Rhonda the next time I read a novel that contains a chick that's a virgin, the book will be shipped to the Goodwill!!!! Ugggghh! Poor Gabe needs some serious attention, not some chick practicing a hand job!!!! Lmao! But hey I give Kat props she tried, but darn it! It's still not good enough!!! Lol!

message 4: by Rhonda (last edited Aug 09, 2010 12:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rhonda Lol, Gabe just woke up from his drinking binge he pulled and he and Kat are going over reports.
That will give me a chance to catch up,:0)

message 5: by Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R (last edited Aug 09, 2010 12:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Oh Shit! Ok! I gave TMI away! LOL! That scene was hilarious though,could you imagine being drunk as a skunk & walking around naked not caring who is around Lmao! He is so funny!& I couldn't believe Kat's thoughts I knew deep down she's a smexy kitten,hahaha...who describes what their looking at all the way down too the mans balls!!!! hahahahaha...I know Kat!! I'm surprised the view didn't send her running out the door,cause for a chicks first time them things are not pretty! hahahahahaha....

Rhonda LMAO

Rhonda I figured She did something awful, I'll catch up tomorrow, Whatever it is I know it will be bad. All of Pamela's men are so damaged, but that's why we love them. Reece is the only normal one.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Rhonda wrote: "I figured She did something awful, I'll catch up tomorrow, Whatever it is I know it will be bad. All of Pamela's men are so damaged, but that's why we love them. Reece is the only normal one."

She didn't do anything terribly bad, but it was enough to piss Gabe off!! A person shouldn't force someone too talk about their past.

Rhonda I guess it was a good thing Kat stopped her internet search when she did earlier in the story.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Rhonda wrote: "I guess it was a good thing Kat stopped her internet search when she did earlier in the story."

I know right,she's a smart chick though it would have made everything worse!

message 11: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Hi Elena, please vote for Naked Edge at DABWAHA :D

You can access the poll i this link : http://dabwaha.com/

And the polling is open until tomorrow noon, at 12 A.M.

Thank you so much! ^^