D. Logan's Reviews > All New Square Foot Gardening

All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew

Jul 30, 10

bookshelves: homesteading

The latest version of this book is absolutely wonderful in how absolutely basic the information is. Unfortunately, he has honed this science down to such a precise level that you could get almost the same thing with just ten short pages or perhaps one of those 3 fold pamphlets. I read the book at a library and suggest the same for anyone who doesn't just want it for quick reference at their home. For me, it felt like much of the book was padding to create an excuse to sell it for more than four dollars. I remember reading the first edition and thinking how hard it would be to remember all of the information. In this latest edition, there are three ingredients and common sense. Kind of on the fence about that, so I gave it 3 stars. In terms of information that was of value, it was a 5 star, but all of the padding really just made it a bit too costly for what you get, which dropped it down a fair bit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All New Square Foot Gardening.