Christine's Reviews > An Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergency of Global Warming and What We Can Do About It

An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore

F_50x66
Jul 29, 10

I had intended to "read" this book for a while, and finally got around to it. I had no expectations as to how he had presented the information in the book and was surprised that it was a series of pictures and graphs , not much reading involved. The problem with this book is that he makes it seem very simple and straightforward, as he lays out his cause and affect. But global climate is anything but simple and straightforward, and I wonder if there truly is this cause and affect that he lays out. The way the information is presented seems questionable - it seems like it's taken out of context. The one thing this book did is make the public more aware of our potential impacts on the environment. There's no question that we should all make modifications to our lifestyle to reduce our use of natural resources, but is Gore really a credible source to be lecturing us on how to do this since he doesn't lead by example.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Inconvenient Truth.