Jacqueline's Reviews > Hero

Hero by Cheryl Brooks

Sep 02, 11

bookshelves: sci-fi-romance, arc
Read on August 05, 2010 — I own a copy

This is my guilty pleasures series. This is my favorite of the series so far. The heroine is the only known Zetithian female. Because she was rescued and raised on Earth she knows nothing about her own race. She doesn't understand her hardwiring as an alien. When she meets Trag, a Zetithian male she doesn't understand her odd response to him. Neither one of these two fall in love at first site, which I liked. He is in love with his brother's wife and although he wants his own mate, Micayla seems too much trouble and she doesn't seem to really like him so he just leaves her alone which neither of them understand is not how Zetithian mating is supposed to work. It's kind of a blind leading the blind thing as neither one is knowledgeable about the customs of their race since their world has been destroyed.

This book was pretty well written and the plot made sense especially since we finally find out why the planet was destroyed. They do eventually fall in love but it takes them awhile to grow into each other. So the romance was well done. The scenes where he realizes he loves her and tries to tell her while protecting his own heart are very touching and sweet.

The sci fi is light but consistent and pretty well done. The laws of physics (within sci fi boundaries i.e., space travel must be feasible) seem to apply which is not always the case with SFR.

These are pretty hot stories as to the lovemaking element and pretty goofy but hey I accepted the snard in the first book and have just gone with the flow since then. Hey snard joke. Snicker.

I hope this isn't the end of the series.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hero.