Tara's Reviews > Mommywood

Mommywood by Tori Spelling

Jul 31, 10

Read in July, 2010

I really enjoyed this book. I think at times she's a little ridiculous and over-the-top but c'mon it IS Tori Spelling. I was never a fan of hers until I read her books. The books completely changed my mind about her! She is a great Mom who is head over heals for her children and husband.

She reveals some hilarious parenting stories and displays her flaws without shame! I absolutely love that she is not trying to put up the facade that she is a perfect parent. She truly comes across as a regular mom.

I really related to Tori talking about the "Old TT"...her former party girl persona. I completely agree that instead of ordering another glass of wine you have to worry about the "damages". My kids need me, they wake up early, I'm so tired....etc. I was a major party girl pre-baby. I still enjoy the occasional glass of wine on the weekend, but now that I am a Mom my priorities are so much different than they were. I feel like I have lost a part of myself but like Tori says, "Was that loud-mouthed drunk girl really me?". It's nice to know that even celebrity Moms struggle with the same feelings that I do.

I don't know if I would have enjoyed this book as much if I had read it before I had my son. There are still some great celebrity stories than anyone who enjoys celebrity gossip will love (P. Diddy's twins b-day party!), but this book definitely catered more to the Mommies.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mommywood.