Stacey's Reviews > The Tempest: A Gisborne Novel

The Tempest by Charlotte Hawkins

Aug 29, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, rom-historical
Read on August 29, 2010

One of my favorite characters of all time is Guy of Gisborne, the baddie with a tortured soul played magnificently by Richard Armitage in BBC's Robin Hood. His smirk, his swagger, his black leather getup of series two, and his series three hair were nothing short of perfection. He wasn't just sexy-as-hell mancandy, though. The despair and the loneliness within him.. that haunted look in his eyes was what really moved me. For many months I swooned, drooled, and shed tears over this beautiful broken man.

Unfortunately for Guy, Marian is an idiot history has always placed him on the "villain" shelf. He never gets the girl... until now ;-)

A HUGE thank you to the author for giving Gizzy a gorgeous heartwarming HEA with a woman who truly understands him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tempest.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Anna I've just read the reviews...this Guy is based on RA's Guy...and this is THE story we've been wanting...OMG Stacey, I LOVE you for finding this book!!!

Stacey Our beloved Guy getting the HEA he deserves... I cannot wait to read it!!!!

Charlotte Hawkins Thank you, wonderful ladies, for your interest. I hope the story doesn't let you down!

And there might be a sequel in the works, if anyone is interested...

Stacey It is a beautiful story, Charlotte! I'd be mightily interested in a sequel :)

message 5: by Anna (last edited Aug 30, 2010 04:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna LOVE the first paragraph of your review, Stacey!!

Glad you liked the book, although I'm a little disappointed you only gave it 3 stars! The first two thirds of it still make me go all giddy just thinking about it ;-)

Charlotte Hawkins I'll admit the book is not perfect, but I'm glad someone enjoyed reading it. I'm working on a sequel and I'm hoping to finish it by spring. We'll see how it goes.

Jasmin I really liked this book too! I though it was a great twist to the classical Robin Hood. Guy was a great hero. I liked that he was still a little bad at the beginning.

Anna I just recommended this book to a GR friend and loved reading your review again. Ahhh, Guy. Smirking, tortured, sex-on-legs Guy. Those were the days ;-)

Stacey Thanks for commenting, Anna. I just swooned re-reading my review too! Have you seen The Hobbit? I haven't yet (!). Curious to hear how you liked Thorin.

message 10: by Anette (new)

Anette I'd like to know that too, Anna! ;-P

And Stacey, I can't believe you haven't seen The Hobbit yet!!

As you know I wasn't a big fan of Guy, but I'm giving Thorin a big scrumptious thumbs up!! :D

message 11: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna I haven't seen The Hobbit, and probably never will as it's really not my thing. I only watched the LOTR trilogy because my youngest son was obsessed with it and had it on dvd repeatedly! I've watched the trailer when Thorin sings many times though ;-)

Glad a long haired RA was finally worked for you, Anette ;-p

message 12: by Anette (new)

Anette Hahaha, yeah at last! :D

message 13: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn I just finished reading all three of these books, and in record time. I now find myself longing for more of this family. Maybe jump forward to Phillipe's lady love.....

Charlotte Hawkins I'm so glad you enjoyed my work! I don't consider myself a fantastic writer, so it's lovely to hear when someone likes my stories.

Next for the Gisbornes? Possibly the story of the hot-headed Thea and her noble knight, Sir Lucien. I've been asked many times about how they got together, so I may just have to tell the tale. :)

Happy reading!