mirela Darau's Reviews > The Hiding Place

The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom

Aug 18, 10

bookshelves: biographies-autobiographies, nonfiction
Read from August 15 to 18, 2010

I liked it very much, still, for such a dramatic story it's hard to say it was amazing, it's like I'd need a totally different rating system.

It's strange, even though I was reading it while quite discouraged and pesimistic it brought hope and an interesting feeling of care and future into my heart. I guess the prison stories (of persecuted christians) will always have a special place for me and a certain grace, mistery, motivation and enlighment that surrounds them.

I like to read about people who did something special in their lives, and this thin book had plently of such examples. First, I was touched by the Father, always wise, always especially kind and tender, always on the bright side, fascinated by his work (repairing and fixing clocks). Then Tante Jans, and the mother, and Toos, practically most of the close friends of the ten Boom family.

While reading Corries story, I could almost feel the calm, order and beauty that surrounded Betsey. I cannot imagine her old, nor Corrie, even if for most of the story they were both over 50. Their thoughts, and actions, their attitude had a joyful youthlike air.

My keepsakes:
'Doamne Isuse, Iti multumesc ca trebuie sa venim inaintea ta cu mainile goale. Iti multumesc ca Tu ai facut totul, totul, pe Cruce si ca tot ce avem nevoie, in viata sau in moarte, este sa fim siguri de acest lucru.' pg. 38

'Si asa am invatat ca dragostea este mai mare decat zidurile in care este inchisa.' pg. 46

'Ma gandeam la Haarlem, la fiecare biserica solida asezata in spatele gardului de fier forjat si a barierelor doctrinare. Si mi-am dat seama ca adevarul lui Dumnezeu straluceste mai tare in intuneric.' pg. 186

'Bine dar lucrurile minunate se intalnesc peste tot in Biblie. Era ceva sa crezi ca asemenea lucruri s-au intamplat cu mii de ani in urma si altceva sa ni se intample noua acum, in zilele noastre. Si totusi s-au intamplat...' pg. 186-187

--> ma bucur ca am citit-o in Olanda:)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hiding Place.

anca dc daca o vrei, o am.

mirela Darau o daaaa!!:) dar adu-mi-o acum, doar dc te poti dispensa de ea 4 luni:D