Carina's Reviews > Plague

Plague by Michael  Grant

Jun 27, 11

Read from June 11 to 13, 2011 — I own a copy

I have no words to describe how awesome this book was...okay maybe I do.

Compared to the rest of the books in Michael Grant's Gone Series, I found Plague to be by far my favorite. For me, the third book, Lies, just didn't cut it for me and I was afraid that the rest of the forthcoming books in the series would suffer as well. Luckily this wasn't the case.

Michael Grant loves to keep readers guessing, all the while leaving them gripping tightly to the edge of their seats in a frantic nail-biting and heart-racing daze.

So much happens in all of these books. First of all, there are so many characters that you have to keep track of. Usually, this can be really confusing in such a fast paced book, but Grant manages to pull it off really well. Each character has their own personality, their own morals and values, fears and desires, and most importantly their flaws. These are the types of characters who begin to grow on you, who you continually root for until the end, even though they may not always make the best decisions. In my opinion, the characters in this series are what truly make the books great.

On top of that all of these other crazy things are happening: fatal diseases, giant bugs, talking coyotes, crazy kids, evil kids, kids with awesome powers, huge explosions. Seriously, how could you not love this?!

It's hard not to love these books. And seriously, if you haven't read them yet, well, you should totally pick them up right now!

I can't wait for the fifth installment, Fear. And look at that awesome cover!!

description
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plague.

06/11/2011 page 78
06/13/2011 page 406
82.0% 2 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Stella  ☢FAYZ☢ Chen Nice review! Do you know who the two people on the cover of FEAR are?

Carina Thanks! I'm pretty sure the girl is Diana. I'm thinking the boy might be Caine but I'm not sure.

Elizabeth the boy is Quinn, and the girl is Diana. I think Diana looks weird, like disproportionate

Kathy I think you'll appreciate "Lies" more once you read the first chapter of book 5, "Fear".... I know I did!