P.M.'s Reviews > Queste

Queste by Angie Sage

Jul 28, 10

Read in July, 2010

When "Physyk" ended, Nicko and Snorri were stranded in Marcellus Pye's time. Septimus and Jenna were determined to retrieve their brother Nicko no matter what and perhaps Snorri incidentally. Meanwhile, Merrin Meredith has muddied the waters by creating a Thing which he offloads on Tertius Fume who is just looking for a way to create havoc for Marcia, the ExtraOrdinary Wizard. Septimus is tricked into accepting a Queste stone from which no Apprentice has ever returned alive. Luckily, Marcellus, who is now living in this time, has given Septimus Nicko's notes which contain a map to the House of the Foryx where they might be able to save Nicko. When the map is damaged, O. Beetle Beetle, Inspection Clerk at the Manuscriptorum, knows just the person (?), Ephaniah Grebe, to restore it. What follows is a journey into the unknown to find the lost ones. I loved this book. Some of my favorite characters have leading roles: Stanley, Spit Fyre, and Beetle. Beetle's sledding adventures are hilarious. However, I am deeply disappointed that there is only one more book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queste.