Wallace's Reviews > What Jackie Taught Us: Lessons from the Remarkable Life of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

What Jackie Taught Us by Tina Santi Flaherty

Type: {Commuter Read: format lends easily to starting/ stopping.}
Rating: {Me Likey: Enjoyable! Particularly for fans of this genre.}

Why You’re Reading It:
- You are a Kennedy fan who want another insight into Camelot
- You want to know more about Jackie O.

What I Thought:

Though not a biography, this book has plenty of information about Jackie Kennedy Onassis’s life. In fact, the subtitle to the book is: Lessons from the Remarkable Life of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Split up into easily readable chapters such as, Image and Style, The Quest for Knowledge, and Men and Marriage, the reader is treated to insights into how Jackie became Jackie. Ultimately, it seems, she created herself — and carefully at that. Jackie had a vision of who she wanted to be, and her determination, focus, and intellect brought her to that place.

While interesting and easy to read, much of the information is common knowledge for anyone who knows anything about Jackie O. The forward is written by Susan Lucci, whose connection with Jackie I’m still trying to figure out. And whether the information in this book is original, or if the author just used others’ work to base her work off of, I can’t tell. However, it is still entertaining and inspiring for admirers of Jackie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Jackie Taught Us.