Jess's Reviews > Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis

Jul 29, 10

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from July 28 to 29, 2010

This book was written one year before I was born. Roughly 15 years later my English teacher said to me "Oh, you like fantasy books? You're gonna love this one" as he handed me a battered copy of the Chronicles. Since I devoured fantasy/sci fi books at the time as if they were sustenance, I immediately dove into the book. As I recall I was absolutely enthralled and within a few short days I had read the entire Chronicles, and I needed more. So it began that I tore my way through the series.

Now, almost 10 years later I've decided to start allllll the way over. Starting from the first three, the chronicles and making my way through every damn book.

See you all in another few years. Ha.

As to what I think of the book now:
Throughout the first quarter of the book I found myself not as deeply involved as I had been the first (or two or three times) I read Dragons of Autumn Twilight. Something was niggling at me, annoying me. And then I realized it. I have in the last ten years read so many books, played so many games, read so many comics that the set up to this book seemed well honestly, like a game of DnD someone recorded. Then I remembered, this book was written for a game, duh, but also it was written so long ago it most likely influenced the next quarter of a century of fantasy literature! After I got that out of my mind I easily slid back into the story and enjoyed myself immensely, though I found that this time around, Fizban didn't quite pack the same punch :3
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragons of Autumn Twilight.