Heidi's Reviews > Sophie Peterman Tells the Truth!

Sophie Peterman Tells the Truth! by Sarah Weeks

Aug 07, 10

bookshelves: children-0-12, fiction, k_5-storytime-prep, picture-books
Read on July 28, 2010

The idea of this book is funny, because I can relate a little and I know some kids in storytimes (especially the K-5 one) could relate a lot. And the older group would probably enjoy some of the things mentioned, too. (The whole bathroom humor thing, literally.) I'm just not absolutely sure how well the children would leave the book. It's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek (though serious in its relatableness), but will the kids get that or will they just agree to dislike their stinky, whiny, get-all-the-attention younger siblings? I suppose they have to be old enough to get it. So I could try in in the K-5 storytime, but I'd have to have some strong theme to make it work.

8/5/10 This went well. I had a "last-minute" daycare group add to the numbers, and some in the group were a little immature in handling some of the bathroom humor. But they got the humor, including the ending, and it was a great lead-in for a mini-activity of talking about our own siblings. Shocked them all when they found out how many I have. :-) (I love doing that.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sophie Peterman Tells the Truth!.