drey's Reviews > The Tavernier Stones

The Tavernier Stones by Stephen Parrish

Jul 28, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads, mystery-suspense-and-thriller
Read in August, 2010

Stephen Parrish is my Featured Author for the month of August. And when your Featured Author sends you his book, what do you do but read it? So I did.

I didn't have to like it, or think it was good. But y'know what? I did like it. It is good. Starting with the first sentence--"There's a dead guy out there."--The Tavernier Stones pulls you along on its roller-coaster of a treasure hunt as its cast of characters decipher clues to find the world's most notorious missing jewels. Amongst that cast is an excommunicated Amish cartographer, a jewel thief and his ex-model girlfriend, a no-longer-able-to-afford-to-keep-up-with-the-Joneses ex-banker, an ex-convict, and a policeman who finds out his wife is cheating on him. Phew! I hope I didn't miss anyone important!

Along with the characters to follow, love, and/or hate, Stephen provides cartography, cryptology, history, and a quirky sense of humor to tie the present-day treasure hunt with the clues from the past. Who'll unravel the clues first? Who'll get their hands on the treasure? Who will double-cross whom? And the ending will be here before you know it.

The Tavernier Stones is a little gem you should set aside time to read, or face some tired mornings from staying up too late into the night!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tavernier Stones.