Erin's Reviews > Inda

Inda by Sherwood Smith

Aug 18, 10

Read from August 10 to 18, 2010, read count: 2

As a big, big fan of Sherwood Smith, I was kind of bummed that the first time I read this book (right when it came out) I found it surprisingly...just alright. Having just gotten a Kindle (and realizing I could carry a library with me to work everyday for when I got bored), I decided it was time to give it another try. I don't know if it's just because I'm older now and didn't try to gulp down the book in one sitting, but instead of being completely overwhelmed by the strange (and multiple) names for the many characters, I was able to see connections and understand the patterns of the Marlovan customs. This speaks to how much time and detail went into creating this other world.

The series is not a light read, by any means; it's an epic fantasy, with this first book ending without much resolution. Luckily, all four of the books are out and available now, so there's no reason for any Lost syndrome (i.e. losing all the details in the time between seasons, and thus missing all the fun allusions).
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inda.