Bonnie's Reviews > Ghostwalk

Ghostwalk by Rebecca Stott

Aug 10, 10

bookshelves: should-have-stopped-after-ten-pages
Read from July 27 to August 10, 2010

I really don't know how to feel about this book now that I have finished reading. Warning, there may be some spoilers in this review.

I didn't start enjoying Ghostwalk until the last 40 pages! Maybe it's because that is when the author stopped insinuating and hinting and got to the point.

The major issue I had trying to read this book is how the point of view kept changing from first person, to second, to third, and back to first. It was very confusing to read and I often had to force myself to continue reading the book just so I could move onto another novel.

Aside from the changing point of view, it annoyed me how the author shifted time periods so much. As far as I can tell, the book is written by future Lydia talking about how she lived in Cambridge writing a book several years before. Then, in the book, the author would flash forward a year past the book being published to describe what happened while she wrote the book. If this sounds really confusing, imagine reading it!! I'll paraphrase an example from the book: "If I would have known before what would happen if I let you go to Germany, I wouldn't have let you go." See? Confusing! However, as far as I can tell, nothing really came of Cameron going to Germany to cause her to say this.

I am so glad that I am done with this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghostwalk.