Marcia Berg Haskell's Reviews > Burning Lamp (Arcane Society, #8)

Burning Lamp (Arcane Society, #8) by Amanda Quick

Apr 13, 11

bookshelves: love-the-series, mystery, paranormal, romance, series, want-to-keep
Read from January 01 to April 13, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

"The Arcane Society was born in turmoil when the friendship of its two founders evolved into a fierce rivalry. Nicholas Winters' efforts led to the creation of a device of unknown powers called the Burning Lamp. Each generation, the male descendent who inherits it is destined to develop multiple talents -- and the curse of madness. Plagued by hallucinations and nightmares, notorious crime lord Griffin Winters is convinced he's been struck with the Winters curse."

I love everything Jayne Ann Krentz aka Amanda Quick writes (almost). This addition to the Arcane series is no exception. The reliance on paranormal senses mixed with the more normal mystery solving techniques makes for interesting reading and leaves me with a desire for more straightforward parasenses than modern man possess. Like the earlier books this story involves a romance between 2 people who have no desire for relationships, but who find themselves drawn - physically and emotionally - to each other. The mysteries, the learning to care, and the types of talent' this book describe kept me thoroughly absorbed through the book and beyond.

I plan to reread the first book of the Dreamlight trilogy followed by this one and will then proceed to reread the first two books of the Looking Glass Trilogy. By that time, hopefully, the 3rd volumes of both series will be available in paperback. I almost can't wait.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burning Lamp (Arcane Society, #8).