Slavena's Reviews > Honor's Splendour

Honor's Splendour by Julie Garwood

Aug 03, 10

bookshelves: historical-romance

I like Ms Garwood style of writing a lot and some of her books are my favorite. I wasn’t so impressed by this one. There wasn’t as much humor as in her other works and the heroine didn’t feel special to me. She is too ordinary for my taste, actually the 2 women portrayed in this book were, tough the second one was horrible. Duncan’s sister needed someone to whack her now and again; the woman was weeping and wining the entire time, not sure how Gerald kept wanting to marry her.

I began to read the book a week ago and when I put it down I didn’t feel like picking it up again so it took me a while to finish. There were a lot of moments in the book where I felt like if it finished now it will be ok. There was a lot of potential for different plotlines but things didn’t happen as I thought they would and not in a good way. Last part of the book picked up and I was pleased.

Btw I thought that this book had great potential for medieval werewolf romance, I kid you not when Duncan went to lake I truly thought the wolf she saw at night was him. I loved the wolf and I thought its going to become her pet but alas he only chewed up on her brother and that at the very end. The book was good but undeveloped imo. Could have been much more.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Honor's Splendour.

message 1: by Nissie (new)

Nissie Great review,Slavena! I love Julie Garwood,too. I haven't read this one yet,though.

Slavena tnx nissie