Charles's Reviews > Crossroad Blues

Crossroad Blues by Steve Malley

Aug 02, 10

bookshelves: thriller, friendsbooks
Read from July 27 to August 02, 2010

Crossroad Blues goes to show that there are very fine novels out there that are not being picked up and published by the major print presses. And we readers are the poorer for it. This book was published on Kindle and I'm very glad I have a Kindle to be able to read it on.

In this book we have wonderful characters full of heart and emotion, one of the nastiest villains I've ever come across in fiction, and a setting that is both exotic and very real. We have joy and despair, and gain and loss. And all of it is written in a highly charged and highly visual prose.

The ending was one of those where you just sit for a few moments after the story is over and let the fullness of your emotions wash over you. It will be an ending that lingers in my mind for a long time, not because it was some special effects extravaganza or some impossible to see twist, but because it touched my emotions at a level far deeper than my eyes.

I highly recommend this book. It is available for $2.99 from Amazon's Kindle Store, and at Smashwords (http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...).
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossroad Blues.

Shauna For me, too, the villain was one of the scariest I've read, and the reason for his evilness turns out to be quite poignant.

Charles He definitely got it right in this one.