Grace Tjan's Reviews > After Dark

Jul 26, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: 2010, contemporary-fiction, ebook, nippon
Read in July, 2010

Blah prose + insipid characters + unbearably trite dialogue + surrealistic conceit that doesn’t quite work = 2 stars.

*hoping for better things from The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After Dark.

Rauf this is also not so Italian-y :D

Grace Tjan Rauf wrote: "this is also not so Italian-y :D"

Detour to Japan after Jacob de Zoet.;P

Rauf I'll send ya Cloud Atlas tomorrow. I forgot to load it into my flashdisk this morning
;P

message 4: by eve (new)

eve let me how you like it please...

Rauf Cloud Atlas sent. Need some extra time on that chicken salad a la George Orwell though ;P

Grace Tjan Rauf wrote: "Cloud Atlas sent. Need some extra time on that chicken salad a la George Orwell though ;P"

Got it. Thanks! Got anymore by Mitchell? : )

I'm gonna feed that Orwell Chicken Salad to that masked guy in Eri's TV/room. Will she ever wake up?

Rauf Will she ever wake up? You don't want me to answer that :D

I'm fresh out of Mitchells, but I'm always on the lookout though.

message 8: by Joje (new)

Joje Hi, Sandybanks. Are you onto a string of Murakami with a few already under your belt? I'll have to look more closely at your comments when I get a moment. The one I read (Kafka) was intriguing, but I have to get another to check.

Grace Tjan Joje wrote: "Hi, Sandybanks. Are you onto a string of Murakami with a few already under your belt? I'll have to look more closely at your comments when I get a moment. The one I read (Kafka) was intriguing, but..."

Joje, I liked Norwegian Wood but didn't like this one. I understand that many consider The Wind-up Bird Chronicle and Kafka to be his best work. I plan to read one of them soon.