Andres's Reviews > Voices of Dragons

2207574
Aug 12, 10

bookshelves: fiction
Read in July, 2010

**I read this because my job is preparing an upcoming event with this author (and others who write similar books).**

I read this knowing it was the start of a new series, but my low rating still comes from the non-ending ending that ends this book. I'm not a dragon story kind of reader, and haven't delved much into YA fiction yet, but I did find this to have an interesting premise, and I would read, and look forward to reading, the rest of this series but only when they are all out and available. I've learned the pain of waiting for the next book/issue/episode and have vowed not to start a series without having the whole of it available (though I messed that up recently by picking up the Fables comics).

I don't know how this measures up to "usual" YA standards as far as plot and characters go, though in my limited experience I can safely say this is no Harry Potter, but also not such a bad way to kill a few hours. There are way too many plot points left dangling at the end of this book, though, so frustration undid the goodwill of the story. Blah.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Voices of Dragons.