Jaimey's Reviews > The Fire Lord's Lover

The Fire Lord's Lover by Kathryne Kennedy

Jul 11, 2011

bookshelves: 10-fav-romance-other, romance-fantasy, romance-historical, romance-georgian
Read from July 10 to 11, 2011 , read count: 1

It says a lot for this book that it captured my attention and held it for the short span of time it took me to finish it (less than a day). After weeks of trouble finding a book to successfully hold my attention, this one wouldn't let it go. And I read the Kindle version...without a Kindle. (Imagine hours at a computer screen, straining your eyes because you just can't stop.)

Ms Kennedy built an interesting world, weaving the early Georgian era with a fantasy world of elves, dragons, and human-consuming plants. Her descriptions are beautiful, entrancing.

This is predominantly a romance, however, and as is the case with most historical romances, the sex is rather detailed and plentiful. But I loved the hero and the heroine. There was a touch of reality to their relationship that I appreciated.

In summary: I will read more by Ms Kennedy.

Disclaimer: The views stated here are my own. I was not paid in any way, shape, or form for this review. I received the book free from an e-book retailer. (Does that cover all the legalities for writing a review?)
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fire Lord's Lover.