Emily's Reviews > Street Game

Street Game by Christine Feehan

Jul 26, 10

bookshelves: reviewed-books

Street Game is the most recent installment in the Ghostwalker series and marks an interesting sort of turning point. I'm all for expanding the pantheon of characters in a series and preparing the series to go in a new direction, but frankly I hope that moment of finished transition is near on the horizon for the Ghostwalkers. After reading Street Game, I kind of feel like I've been stopped in traffic for a really long time. I WANT to keep going, really I do, but the circumstances just aren't letting me!

If I had to pick one word to describe this story, it would be...okay. The characters are okay. The conflict is okay. The interactions between the characters are okay. Mack and Jaimie as a lead couple are okay. There really wasn't anything about this book that stood out for me, and at this point in a series, that's kind of a problem. Enough overarching conflicts and issues have been established in previous books that a resolution to some of them would have been nice, instead of introducing even more characters and basically putting us back to square one in terms of the plot. I never did go in for the "he's not dead, he's hiding!" element of soap operas, and that element plays a prominent role here.

Meh. I really wasn't moved to tears by this book one way or another. I'm still interested in seeing what happens next in the series, and I fully admit that this author is one who I know is fully capable of taking a bunch of seemingly unrelated threads in story and BAM weaving them together and resolving them in one novel and totally overhauling the direction of the series (she did it with Dark Slayer in her Carpathian series and totally revived my interest in continuing with the series.) I'm hoping that happens here as well; everyone has a misstep every once in awhile and I'm hoping that my keeping the faith for the Ghostwalker series will not go unrewarded.

Overall Grade: C-

Check out more reviews at What Book is That?
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Street Game.