~E~ Riverina Romantics's Reviews > The Darkest Secret

The Darkest Secret by Gena Showalter

Jan 22, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, on-blog, paranormal, on-amazon
Read from April 04 to 10, 2011

4.5 Stars

Amun, Amun, Amun!! You sweet sexy demon, you.

I don't think there has been a hero in this series that I wouldn't offer to have babies with, Amun being among them. He was the typical sexy, masculine, sex god (even though he's a demon) that I have come to expect from Gena Showalter.

I wasn't originally a fan of Haidee, I don't think may people were for the obvious fact that she had killed one of the previous demons - but I never doubted Gena's ability to make the story as outstanding as the rest. The love between Amun and Haidee was tooth ache sweet and the sex was smoken.

There were a few teeny, enny, little things that didn't make this a 5 star for me.
1. I didn't like the part at the circus scene when there was a girl that was half bull. The description annoyed me a bit, because a bull is a male cow. So did this young girl have a big bull c*&k?? Or was it a girl with the bottom half as a cow, not a bull???? Yes petty, completely unneessary to bring up - I know, but just one point that stuck with me.
2. I found the ending a slight bit abrupt (like i stated teeny, enny, little things). I felt like their relationship was a huge struggle throughout the book and then POOF a happily ever after appears out of nowhere.

But apart from those TEENY, ENNY, LITTLE THINGS I LOVED IT!!!!
And don't get me started on Strider.....okay, i'm going to get started anyway. HE ROCKS. No doubt in my mind I would be more then happy for him to scream his own name if he was inbetween my legs!!!! I sure as hell can tell you i'll enjoy it a lot more then my husband will enjoy me calling out "STRIDER" the next time I climax.

Love you Gena, you are such a brilliant, tremendously funny lady.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Secret.

2.0% "No sales pitch needed, only 2% in and I love it already"
50.0% "Ohh how I love them all."
70.0% "Amun your going to get me into sooo much trouble when I start screaming your name when naked with my husband." 1 comment
show 1 hidden update…

Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy Hey Jodie. I just told Vale that I got mine today. Happy to hear your loving it so far that means I will too. But I must be Lover Unleashed first. Enjoy!!!

~E~ Riverina Romantics I haven't had much of a chance to read lately. It took me a week to read Lover Unleashed and it drove me insane. So this one will probably be the same, but you can never go wrong with Gena or J.R Ward

Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy Great review Jodie. I will be reading this book after LU. Dont you just love Genas LOTU series? So funny....

~E~ Riverina Romantics Sure do. Gena and Kresley Cole have such similar humour. I love them dearly

Mary Love your review Jodie. I'm onto this book next. Can't wait.

~E~ Riverina Romantics Thanks Mary. I'm a huge Gena and LotU fan. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did

Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy Madam S - hurry up and finish so I can start it. Jodie has us going.

message 8: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Biro Woah... sexy is good but all the books you review??? Don't make me write a romance novel. LOL

~E~ Riverina Romantics I'm all about the warm and fuzzies Stephen. There is nothing better in life than love...and sex, so I want to surround myself with books like that.

You might just have to write one :)

message 10: by Eesha (new)

Eesha Does Strider get jealous of Amun and Haidee?

~E~ Riverina Romantics Don't quote me because I can't remember fully, but I think he was a little jealous/upset but not majorly. More that his pride was hurt.

message 12: by Mary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mary That's right Jodie. Then he mets his Harpy and his rod is constantly at attention. LOL!

~E~ Riverina Romantics Thanks Mary. I don't have a great memory when it comes to details.

message 14: by Mary (last edited Aug 31, 2012 03:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mary The only reason I remember this one is that Stridy's rod was dragging in the sand when he was behind that red head harpy of his and Sharon Simi and myself were laughing like two teenagers. I think that was the book after Amun. I have read so many, I get them confused.

message 15: by Eesha (new)

Eesha lol... I shouldn't be reading this!