Ally's Reviews > An Unforgettable Lady

Jul 28, 10

liked it
bookshelves: 2010
Read on July 27, 2010

I quite like J.R Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Series and thought I've give this book a go. It's a re-release and was first released in 2004.

There's a lovely introduction by J.R Ward herself about where she started with this book and how she was inspired by this book to write the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

I was expecting so much more from this book than what I actually got. Maybe my expectations were too high and maybe I was expecting a hero closer to one of the 'Brothers'.

One by one, Manhattan's most influential women are being murdered and Grace is on the killer's hit list. Grace Hall is a society beauty surrounded by glamour, privilege, and wealth, but her fortune has made her the target. While attending a party she meets John Smith, they have instant chemistry and share a kiss but John Smith is a hard-hearted security specialist who is dedicated to his work as he is deadly. Grace knows someone is watching her and after two of her friends are killed Grace takes her friends offer to help her get a bodyguard. The last person Grace expects to see again is John Smith, whom she shared a passionate kiss with. She can't get him off her mind but she's not sure she believes she's in any real danger but Grace eventually hires John Smith to protect her. Moving into Grace's luxury penthouse is the last thing John wants, but it's his job to protect her. With Grace in his arms, John finds himself letting down his own defenses to meet the terms of an intimate and unforgettable new assignment. As the warm nights grow hot, and the canny killer closes in, Grace and John face a crucial choice: follow the rules or follow their hearts.

If you enjoy book's involving lots of angst about the hero and the heroine getting together, not getting to together then this is the book for you! It was 300 pages of should they or shouldn't they then the last pages they finally decide to become a couple.

I enjoyed the guessing game of who the murder was but it was clear to me who the murder was from the beginning. But the problem was it just seemed too obvious and I kept thinking 'I'm wrong, its too easy it has to be someone else'. Sadly I wasn't wrong and I found it a bit disappointing that I guessed so quickly who the killer was.

The only surprise was that Grace had a half sister Callie that she didn't know about and had been Callie who had been stalking/following Grace to try and talk to her and introduce herself.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Unforgettable Lady.