Bookwatcher 's Reviews > Dark Life

Dark Life by Kat Falls

Aug 15, 10

bookshelves: teen-ya, sci-fi, favorites
Recommended to Bookwatcher by: Kika
Recommended for: YA and sci-fi readers
Read from August 07 to 08, 2010 — I own a copy

Marvelous book! My 5 stars and my applause

(no, I'm not a guy... I just like this animated gift )

Well, without spoil the story I can say some things...

* All the story is Ty's POV. I enjoy this wise choice of the writer. It's so rare to read a YA book with a guy as narrator. I love Ty voice.

* Gemma, the main female character, is so brave! Looking for her brother she affront all her fears without second thoughts! SOOOO BRAVE! Love her!

* The adventure of this book never ends! True! My advice is: take a long breath and then dive on this story! It's breathless! One action after another will obligate you to stop on the last page (applauding as I did).

* All the undersea description was terrific! So vivid, and perfect that make me want to see all sea documentaries of discovery channel (again... I'm a documentary addicted )

* You will love all the twists and surprises! The most incredible is about the Dark Gift... Gemma on the first page will say this world to Ty, and them he will keep you on suspense.... who has a dark gift? And most of all, which is the undersea kids dark gifts???? Soooo fun read this book trying to discover this mystery! Great revelations will keep you reading... and believe me, you will like it a lot!

NERD NOTE (sorry, I'm a nerd and some times can't avoid nerd thoughts)
It's a great YA with a wonderful message that will make you think hard... which one is the real free community? The one, called Dark Life because of the lack of light under the sea, or the topside (the humans on the surface)?
Under the sea the Dark Life community live in family farms, looking for the animals and crops never forgetting to also take a look how the neighbors are and if they need something.
On the surface humans has little space, living in incredible small spaces, and the families (always for lack of space) send they kids to border schools. The families have 1 time week contact, for few hours, until the kids, at the age of 18, go out to start their life (working etc etc).

So, tell me... who would want to live under the sun light?

Yeah... good question no?

Enjoy the reading

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Life.

08/07/2010 page 40
13.0% "I'm on page 40 of 304 of Dark Life: Just star but already loving!!! I have already laugh and get anxious reading this few pages! Start with action and keep the no stop suspense up to now! And I'm loving Ty and Gemma! They are soooo sweet!"
08/07/2010 page 180
59.0% "I'm really enjoying this YA book! And after so many girls POV it's a great change read a YA book with a boy narration! And Ty is fantastic! So sweet doing everything he can to protect his world! So brave and so special! A great book, and a terrific storyteller in my view..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindi (new)

Cindi hmmm. guess i'll have to put this one on my TBR list. thanks for adding to the pile . . . . :)

Bookwatcher Cindi wrote: "hmmm. guess i'll have to put this one on my TBR list. thanks for adding to the pile . . . . :)"

I hope you like it. It's a marvelous sci-fi book.

Wendy Ha! Your review is perfect. I just finished and felt like giving it a standing ovation...and here one is! Great Book!

Bookwatcher YEAH!
Now the second!!! We must read the second Wendy!!!

Wendy When does it come out? Do you know?

Bookwatcher No, I don't know... probably soon... very soon
I know the writer already send some copies for fans
:-)

Kimberley Little RIPTIDE comes out August 1 - only two and a half weeks away! :-)

Bookwatcher YEY!
Thanks for the info Kimberley!

Kimberley Little You're welcome - and guess what? I just went to Amazon and RIPTIDE is already available - they released it early!

Chrys I was on the edge of reading this or putting it in thought mabye not pile. You convinced me. I hope its as good as it sounds!